September 18, 2009

To Buy or Not to Buy?

Ever get post-purchase guilt?

I do. And quite often.

Normally I'd go confess my regrets to coworker/friend Tah, in hopes that she'd talk some sense into me. But her answers are always the same: "Keep it. Don't return it." LOL

After committing myself in the last month to saving every penny, I had given myself a break from going on spending strike and bought some office clothes. [To replace 2 of my expensively low-quality and ruined Jacob wardrobe pieces. That's going to be a whole different topic of discussion. Needless to say, do not shop at Jacob!]

And so as I was obsessing about the pros and cons of keeping my purchases, I came across a very handy checklist for shopaholics in the October issue of Glamour magazine.

If you can answer "yes" to every one of these questions, it's time to make a purchase:

- Does this truly fit my body, not just the body I wish I had?
- Am I itching to put it on now?
- Would someone who sees me on the street think, She looks great?
- Will I want to wear this next month, next season, next year?

And I'm ecstatic to announce that I get to say Yes, yes, yes, yes!!! to my new acquisitions. And into the closet they go!

Speaking of closet, I'm going to apply this quiz to it. Anything that gets a No, no, no, no! should be brought out for questioning. I'm getting a hunch that this may be way to wardrobe trimming.

[Shopping Account : $250]

2 comments:

  1. great checklist! that'll be my new rule of thumb :P

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good trick! And I agree, keep it! If it's yeses all around, it's a no brainer :)

    Awesome

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Thanks for leaving a comment! You just made my day! xox