November 30, 2009

NYC 2009 - Part 1

All I can say is that I NY.

Going to NY in the fall has become a tradition for me now. And with every trip, I feel more and more experienced. I stay in different parts of town every time. Try out different places to eat. And even shop in different areas.

This year, I haven't shopped on 34th, except for Bakers. They only have one store in the whole island of Manhattan and it's at the corner of 5th Avenue and 34th Street. I bought stuff there, but I won't tell you about until later in the week. Patience, my dears!

Now let me tell you about the hotel. I stayed at The Hudson Hotel.


The Lobby


We stayed in a room similar to this one.

Gorgeous, isn't it? Can't wait to see the rest of the room, right? Well you saw everything already. The room was tiny. [Which was the main complaint by its patrons. I already knew about the size issue beforehand and was actually expecting smaller.] BF had to be careful to not bump his head on the wall-mounted LCD on his side of the bed. And with my luggage on a chair next to my side of the bed, I could only climb into bed by the foot of the mattress.

The decor was very pretty and artsy. The rooms were clean [no ripped wallpaper or stained carpet] and they serve Korres as bathroom products! Excellent stuff!!

We weren't going to spend a lot of time in the room anyway, so it was fine for us. Last year we had a super deluxe room at the Millennium Hotel Times Square. It was so big, we ended up misplacing our things all the time.

The location was great! I was close to Central Park, next to the Columbus Center and the Time Warner Building [where Ricky Martin lives, so my NY cousin tells me].

On the first day, I explored the Columbus Center [it's a mall BTW] and found Coach, Cole Haan, J. Crew, Sephora, and Armani Exchange all in one same spot! I'm sad to report that I didn't buy anything there my first day. I wasn't going to blow my 4-day shopping budget during the first 3 hours in the city!

I'll tell you more about my purchases in the next chapter. I didn't go on a crazy spending binge... And BF was beginning to wonder if I had fever.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! Thanks for leaving a comment! You just made my day! xox