March 13, 2010

Posting Rejects: Part 1

When I started this blog, I was hoping to post pictures of my cute outfits... It's been 8 months and I've uploaded only a handful of outfits. Why? It's not [mostly] due to laziness, but actually to an inability to find a suitable backdrop of my pictures.

Here, see for yourself!


First attempts involved trying to take pictures of my mirror reflection and then cropping the pix before uploading... One small problem: The camera is always visible!


Taken from my cubicle at work... Nice view! Except I forgot to remove my files from the background! This was rejected due to bad angle.


Taken from my living room. Ever loved a piece of clothing until you see a pic of you wearing it? This was the case. Totally loved the blazer, until I noticed how it wasn't very flattering on me. Also, I think my camera is to blame. It distorts a bit around the edges. See the shadows on the right?


Again, the distortions in the picture made me reject this picture... I loved the outfit, but I wasn't sure my closet made such a great backdrop. It's too distracting.

What I learned are the following:
  1. Find a suitable background - One that isn't too distracting and not to plain.
  2. Need better lighting.
  3. Learn to strike the pose! How awkward am I in these pix?
  4. Get a tripod for my camera - I have put it in very dangerous positions to get some of the shots!
  5. Learn how to take flattering pictures. Do I need to take a class?
There you have it. Stay tuned for more mediocre pictures! [You didn't think that I only rejected 4 shots in the 8 months, did you?] It's all part of the fun learning process! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! Thanks for leaving a comment! You just made my day! xox