June 27, 2010

Food Note: Maple Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

My condo smells so sweet and delicious right now, it's a miracle I haven't gobbled up all the cookies already!

During this week's trip at the grocery store, I stood in front of the boxes of granola bars and was undecided. Which one had the best taste? While it's not a very pertinent question, I do absentmindedly swallow a bar around 10:30 am while punching in numbers at the office. And it seemed that my tongue has registered some of tastes because I wasn't exceptionally partial to any of the brand before me.

And so I decided to buy a giant bag of flour instead. I was going to start baking again. [I stopped for a couple of months now, having used up all the flour on weekend morning pancakes and raspberry scones.]

Finding my cousin's Xmas gift, I chose this recipe.



Ingredients:

* 1 3/4 Cups Flour
* 1/2 tsp Baking soda
* 1/4 tsp Salt
* 2 tsp Cinnamon
* 1/2 Cup Butter [room temperature]
* 1 Cup Packed Brown sugar
* 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1/2 Cup Maple syrup
* 2 tsp Vanilla extract
* 1 3/4 Cups Oatmeal
* 1 1/2 Cups Dried cranberries

Line a cookie pan with parchment paper.

Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a medium sized bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 1 minute until smooth. On low speed, add the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix until blended. Mix in the flour mixture. Next mix in the oatmeal, then the dried cranberries.

Using a tablespoon, scoop mounds of dough on the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies by 2 inches apart.

Bake for 18 minutes @ 350F, until tops are firm and lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Makes 35 cookies.

1 comment:

Yay! Thanks for leaving a comment! You just made my day! xox