February 03, 2011

Last Weekend [Before Fracture Diagnosis]

I used to dread winter.  All my life, I froze my feet in inadequately insulated boots, my hands in thin gloves, and my body in wool jackets.  If I lived in NYC, this gear might have been acceptable, but I live in Montreal.  And it gets cold enough to freeze your shades on!  Now I have all the warm stuff I need to stay toasty.

Recently I've taken up snowshoeing as my sole winter sport.  I loved it last year.  Unfortunately, due to a mysterious pain in my foot, I didn't do any sporty activities while I was up north with friends.  Here are some of the pictures.


Tremblant Village.  25mins from the cabin we rented.
Skiers love this place


In spite of the pain, I managed to slowly enjoy the little town.

Checking to see if they had a sitting area.  [They didn't.]

This mural was very unexpected in this snowy place.


I did enjoy lots of time relaxing in front of the fireplace and finished an excellent book.  Can't wait to get better!  :)


Down jacket & skinny jeans: Zara; Sunglasses: American Eagle; Cap: Expressions; Gloves: Danier; Boots: Sorel; Messenger bag: Coach

4 comments:

  1. it looks freezing there but lovely pictures. i'm so glad it's summer here

    F. (opinionslave.blogspot.com) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a beautiful place, I would like to go there someday. Anyway Hubby and I are planning to go tubing soon hehe wish me luck on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty mural! Hope your foot feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Thanks for leaving a comment! You just made my day! xox