April 06, 2011

Pops of Color

I've been told that we tend to dress in dark colors when the weather is yucky.  It's been raining on and off for the past 2 days, and I chose a few opulent pieces for my outfit.

A few years ago, I began shopping for clothes of better quality.  I've been told that they keep their beauty longer.  Plus, I look more professional, which is a good thing.  Colleagues [and bosses] will take you more seriously. 

In business, your appearance reflects your ability to organize, confidence, and  gives off the message that you care.  If you care about yourself, then you [most probably] will care about your work.  Of course, this is not a rule.  And as stereotypical as is sounds, there's a fair chance that the managers evaluate the whole package before hiring or promoting.  And if presented with 2 candidates with the exact same qualifications, they will tend to choose the one who pays attention to their appearance.

So to stay within the scope of what is professionally acceptable and to have fun with fashion on this rainy and cloudy day, I wore a bright belt and red heels.



And during lunch time, I braved the rain and went out shopping and score this pair of sunnies for $1.50! I also tried on very red lips at the makeup counter. I think I'll go back to buy a tube.


Lots of love,
Wynn

Vintage Diesel knit cardigan, Banana Republic silk top, Asos black lace pencil skirt, H&M belt, Zara heels, F21 jewelry and sunglasses, and MAC Pro Longwear lipstick in Prolong.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Wynn, Have a wonderful night. LOve this outfit..:) Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great perspective Wynn, as unfortunate as it sounds we are judged by our appearance so we've got to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! So jealous! $1.50 sunglasses? And yes! Get the red lipstick. Looks goooood! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love adding a pop of read to an otherwise neutral outfit :) You look great here! And I think you definitely should get the red lipstick, too!

    By the way, I gave you the Stylish Blogger Award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Thanks for leaving a comment! You just made my day! xox