July 07, 2011

Wearing Old Stuff.. I Mean, "Vintage"

How is everyone enjoying their summer [on the northern hemisphere] so far?  Mine has been busy so far, as you can tell from my previous post.  The next few weeks will be the same. 

I'll be going to Long Island, NY in 2 weeks to spend 4 days on the beach with my cousins.  It's going to be lots of fun!  While the guys try to catch fish for dinner, I hope to be shopping at the outlet.  I'm looking for a pair of Ray Bans.  My AE aviators, seen in photos below, are scratched. 

My coworker Tah is right: You need to own at least one good pair of sunnies.  I have an enormous collection of cheapies.  They make me happy!



Yes, so I'm wearing "vintage" here:  old shirt, old tank, DIY cutoff shorts.  If you follow Garance Dore's blog, you might have read her cheeky piece on how to be photographed by street style photogs such as herself and you might know what I mean about the "vintage" comment.



 On a professional note, I'm headed towards major changes.  I'm glad you guys are here to make me smile!  And no worries, I have a plan!

Hugs,
Wynn

Vintage Zara paisley shirt, vintage AE green tank, vintage DIY Guido & Mary cutoff jeans, DeuxLux drawstring pouch, Ugg clogs, and scratched up AE aviators

10 comments:

  1. Love the entire outfit, simple yet chic!
    Happy Friday!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paisley shirt! Such a relaxed chic look.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vintage is anything over 20 yrs old I think, more than 80 and it's an antique, or something like that?! I'm checking out that blog post you mentioned :)

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garance's article is so spot-on and funny and I love that you referenced it here :D

    XXo,
    Neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sophie, my jeans are some 10 years old. So they're half-vintage! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outdoor shots, you look wonderful!!
    OK i had a typo in my feather post,:( thank you so much for telling me it was suppose to be inexpensive. I feel so silly . who wants to do an expensive DIY? lol
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! You look amazing! Have fun in NY! (:

    http://thefashionlatte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vintage pieces are the best, love the shirt!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look for summer! My summer is good so far, noting out of the ordinary, but I'm loving all the sunshine :)

    I hope you have a wonderful trip to New York!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! I have a bunch of cheap sunnies too that make me happy seeing as I always tend to lose them, including the expensive kind! I learned my lesson!

    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Thanks for leaving a comment! You just made my day! xox